Thursday, December 6, 2012

Last Day of the Semester

     Today was the last day of the Fall Semester. My students are now reduced to being pictures on a page and lots of essays to grade.  In order to be as fair as possible, I will give myself a day or two of not looking at the pictures of my students. I will not look at their essays. I will not grade. As an instructor who enjoys the teaching process and the interaction with the students, I find that allowing myself a time to "chill out," as the students like to say, I will be more willing to grade without favoring the students. Now comes the time to let go of the personal attachments and look at the actual time the students spent in studying, the results of their homework and tests, their attendance, their participation, and their behavior.
    So, tomorrow will be a good day to eat a half rack of ribs at The Road House, and a good night to enjoy a Peppermint Mocha at Barnes and Noble while reading an interesting book. Heck, I bet I might even be able to find a piece of Blue Berry Cheesecake.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

You should be able to post a comment. Let me know if it does not work.